1. HOW DO I CLEANSE HANDS OR TOOLS AFTER USING TIMBERMATE? Since TIMBERMATE does not contain any harmful ingredients, you can just use water to cleanse your hands and tools.
2. HOW DO I GRAIN FILL?
Take some TIMBERMATE out of the tub and place it in a separate container. Add an approximate of 1 kilo of TIMBERMATE to 300-500ml of water and mix until desired consistency is achieved. The mixture can be applied using spray gun, paint roller, or cloth rolled into a ball. APPLY ACROSS THE GRAIN ONLY. When the grain filler goes whitish and sands off easily like talc powder, then it is dry. TIMBERMATE will not blind nor clog the sand paper. If sand paper gets clogged, the grain filler is not well dried. Sand off in the same direction as the grain. Stain or coat when WELL DRIED.
3. WHEN DO I STAIN?
You can stain before or after applying TIMBERMATE.
4. HOW DO I MATCH COLORS?
Desired shade of wood. You can use TIMBERMATE’S neutral colors such as Natural or Pine and then you can add stain or colorants. All stains are compatible with TIMBERMATE.
5. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TIMBERMATE TO DRY?
Drying time of TIMBERMATE depends on the weather and depth of fill. In hot weather, TIMBERMATE dries quickly. In cold weather, the depth of fill will determine the drying time. You can speed up the drying time by using a heat gun, lights, or drying room, etc. For pin holes and hairline or small defects, curing time is about 30-60 minutes. But for bigger holes, cracks and gaps, curing time is 1-2 hours. For grain filler, curing time is about 15-20 minutes depending on weather.
6. HOW DO I FILL ANY DEPTH OR WIDTH?
Fill deep holes in approximately 5-6 layers. TIMBERMATE dries quickly when filled in layers.20. HOW DO I FIX A WRONG MATCHED OR BADLY FILLED HOLE? Very easy. If TIMBERMATE is not coated yet, then wash it out. If already coated break the topcoat and then wash it out. Refill or rematch as necessary.
7. HOW MUCH COVERAGE AS GRAIN FILLER CAN TIMBERMATE GIVE? TIMBERMATE can give a minimum of 10-12 square meters per 1 kilogram (Mix 300-500ml water for 1 kilogram TIMBERMATE).
8. WILL TIMBERMATE INCREASE THE MOISTURE IN THE WOOD? TIMBERMATE will never increase the Moisture Content (MC) of the timber, MDF, particle board or plaster board (you may do moisture meter test to determine this claim). Always make sure wood is dry. If wood is wet, TIMBERMATE will be soft and wood will not be stable. Coating will also crack.